Our Program Successes
- Since 2015, we have grown from 6 students to 42, and from 2 mentors to 8, we have added an Executive Director for our high school program, Order My Steps, we have hired an on-site logistics coordinator.
- Our founding cohort of 2015 have graduated from high school and are off to college. All of our Order My Steps graduating seniors are going to college.
- 3 of our founding students are recipients of our Towers Path to Success- Higher Ed Scholarship.
- Our first 3 cohorts have graduated to high school in high quality and selective enrollment schools throughout Chicago.
- Since 2016, on average, our students have increased their GPA from 3.3 to 3.7. Median GPAs of Towers students- 2.9 (2016), 3.2 (2017), 3.6 (2018), 3.6 (2019/20) and 3.7 (2021).
- Based on RIT Score to Percentile Rank Conversion, our students average rank from 2015-2020, 80% in Reading and 88% in Math versus overall school population ranked 44% in Reading and 37% in Math (after 28 weeks of instruction).
- We are expanding our program to communities committed to change in Chicago.
- We started with a single angel supporter but since then have had more than 100 individuals and over 30 entities support Towers, with 5 major support entities.
One Step at a Time
Members of Excellence